Human Resources Director
Human Resources / HR Director – Corporate and Transformation
Salary: Basic salary of £80,000 per annum + 10% car allowance & benefits
Reporting to: The role reports to the Group HR Director and is part of the HR senior leadership team.
We have an excellent opportunity for a strong, experienced and project driven HR Director to lead our client’s transformation project.
HR Director – Job Purpose
Group HR has ownership for the people agenda within the 6 operating divisions of our client’s business and the people strategy across the Group. This role will play a key part in realising this strategy, working collaboratively alongside the group HR senior team and senior business and service partner Directors, and will lead the HR Corporate team to introduce new or improved HR processes across the business as well as helping to develop the right HR framework.
Our client is a successful UK plc listed in the FTSE 100 and widely recognised as the Business Process Outsourcing partner of choice to a wide and varied client-base. They currently employ circa 73,000 employees worldwide mostly based in the UK, with the remainder located globally, predominantly in India, South Africa and Europe.
HR Director – The Role
To support the divisionally focussed HR Executive Directors, there needs to be an agreed plan of activity that you will be responsible for delivering, which ensures that the businesses are putting people at the heart of their agenda. Supporting employee engagement initiatives and seeking improvements to the experience that managers and employees have relating to HR and people activity.
As the HR Director – Corporate and Transformation you will lead a small professional team and be responsible for interfacing with HR Executive Directors and HR Sales Director to ensure full involvement and integration of corporate projects into the divisions including with, reference to and involvement of, the HRD’s in non-UK locations. Additionally, the role holder will work closely with the Group Talent team, again, to ensure smooth transition of talent initiatives into the Divisions and through liaison with the HRED’s.
Skills and experience
- Experience of working at a senior HR management level with the ability to credibly demonstrate skills and experience
- Management and delivery of successful organisational change and transformation projects in a multi-site environment
- Experience of working at a senior level in private sector / retail / commercial businesses
- Has successfully delivered HR projects with a focus on technology and process improvement
- Experience of operating in a dynamic environment
- The ability to bring solutions and interventions to improve efficiency and quality of Manager tools, employee lifecycle, learning and Talent initiatives and to have developed business cases around investment in employee engagement activities.
- Has experience of managing HR Operations in a commercial environment to understand, translate and apply employment law and will ensure all Capita HR collateral is maintained in line with any agreed changes.
- Will bring a market knowledge of reward and recognition ensuring a reward strategy is developed for the Group.
- Strong project and programme management skills
- Brings a ‘can do’ attitude to providing solutions to overcome barriers
- Practical in approach, not afraid to get involved and must be ‘hands on’
- Resilient and demonstrates ability to ‘stand your own ground’
- Able to influence key decision-makers and to challenge when necessary
- Has had exposure to, and is able to lead, manage and resolve change management issues
- Creative and innovative in problem solving often bringing new ideas to the business
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence through written material, delivery of presentations and on a one to one basis with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to travel and work flexibly to meet business needs
Interested? Please apply today for more information and to receive more details on this fantastic opportunity.
hr inspire ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation. hr inspire ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
HR, human resources, MCIPD, CIPD, change management, Director, Manager, talent, employee, engagement, reward, benefit,