Qualified Accountant / Senior Portfolio Manager
Watford – Free Parking
Our client is an established family friendly Business Advisory and Chartered Accountancy firm who is looking for a qualified ACCA Accountant to take the role of Senior Portfolio Manager joining their team based in West Watford.
This professional firm offers clients an extensive range of Business Advisory, Accounting and taxation services to businesses and individuals throughout London and the Home Counties.
The role of Qualified Accountant / Senior Portfolio Manager
We are looking for a Qualified Accountant / Senior Portfolio Manager with 4 / 5 + years of experience in managing a portfolio of 200+ clients.
You’ll need to have a proven record and confident technical ability to manage and progress your Portfolio and communicate extremely well with staff, partners and clients to provide solutions for the coming year(s) for their business and personal financial positions.
We are looking for someone with a confident outgoing personality who excels at client work while finding solutions to improve business and advise clients.
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA or ACA – essential
- Ability to manage a Portfolio of 200+ clients including larger businesses full financial solutions.
- Ability to manage final accounts, management accounts and tax
- Work to deadlines and manage client accounts delivery
- Work with clients and deliver management accounts and commentary with suggestions for improving business
- Progressive person with ability to grow portfolio organically
- Networking and presentation ability
- Sales activity and new client acquisition
- Responsibility for achieving revenue targets set out for portfolio. Target size of portfolio £250,000 from which growth will be rewarded.
- Managing a portfolio, growing it and business development activities. Mentoring and support will be provided to assist.
- Evaluating the results of sales activity/portfolio growth with full regular performance reports to the Directors/BDM.
- Carrying out of and responsibility for sales presentations to new clients and prospective clients where generated by them/referrals from clients and/or leads provided by the Firm.
- Responsibility for client deadlines, compliance and correspondence. Planning and reviewing jobs sent to Outsourcers. Communicating with clients and all technical matters expected of a qualified accountant.
- Identifying opportunities for cross-selling, Tax Planning and other value added services to the existing and new clients.
- Debt collection for clients managed within the portfolio.
- Must be self-motivated, able to prioritise and deliver an accurate and efficient workload.
- Dedicated to help management drive the business forward and a confident personality and well presented.
- Demonstrates ability to add to workload increase as more client work accepted.
Key Skills Required for the role of Qualified Accountant / Senior Portfolio Manager
- ACCA or ACA qualification – essential
- SageLine50 Accounting system
- Quickbooks system
- Xero cloud accounting system
- Iris system – Payroll, Company Sec, Accounting, Portfolio Management
- Excel spreadsheets to financial standards
- Good understanding of Microsoft packages
Hours and Salary
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday, 9am until 5:30pm and the salary on offer is negotiable, depending on experience.
You will receive staff benefits of free staff parking and 4 weeks paid holiday.
If you feel you have the skill set our client is looking for, please apply now!
hr inspire ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation. hr inspire ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.