Senior Musculoskeletal Outpatient Physiotherapist
Hemel Hempstead (on occasion would be located at Champneys Health Spa, Tring!)
Full Time / Part time will be considered
We have an exciting new vacancy at our client’s clinic for a Senior Musculoskeletal Outpatient Physiotherapist.
Our client is a friendly private practice offering Chartered and State Registered Physiotherapy, Clinical Pilates and related services in Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted, Tring, St Albans, London and surrounding areas.
The role includes a very varied workload, including sports injuries and orthopaedics. For this role of Physiotherapist, the ideal candidate will be 3+ years qualified with musculoskeletal experience, and have a strong work ethic.
You will also need to be members of the CSP and HCPC and acupuncture and Pilates qualifications are desirable.
Physiotherapist – Duties and Responsibilities
- To work as an autonomous practitioner and be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of patient management within own caseload
- To carry out an advanced standard of assessment, including on patients with complex presentations. and to use highly developed clinical reasoning skills gained through experience and formal teaching to determine an accurate clinical diagnosis, prognosis and formulate and execute a comprehensive treatment/ management plan.
- To use results from medical assessment tools such as X-rays and MRI and to draw on a wide range of information sources to help inform clinical decision making. Sound skills of analysis and interpretation will be required to make appropriate judgments.
- To formulate goals and clinical objectives jointly with patients/ carers/ relatives and other health professionals and continually reassess patients to evaluate progress and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To provide comprehensive progress and discharge reports to GPs, Consultants, patients, parents, members of the multidisciplinary team and other patient services.
- To be responsible for maintenance of accurate written records, in line with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) standards.
- To work within CSP guidelines to maintain up to date continued professional development and knowledge of national and local standards.
- To work with Consultants and with other health professionals as appropriate, both as part of ensuring excellent management of patients and to advance and develop the clinic.
- To gain valid informed consent from patients.
- To be able to effectively communicate with patients, carers and other staff through effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- To liaise with GPs, Consultants and other members of the MDT when necessary regarding patient progress as well as offering physiotherapy advice/information when requested.
- To be available to deal with general patient requests by telephone regarding issues such as acute injury care.
- To be responsible for and actively record own professional development and maintain a continual professional development portfolio required for Health Professions Council registration.
- To maintain and develop current knowledge of evidence-based practice and continue to develop specialist knowledge of Musculoskeletal Outpatient conditions, treatment and management.
- People focused
- Can work well within a team
- Passionate about Fitness and Wellness
- Can communicate clearly and assertively with a wide range of people at all levels and with sensitivity when required.
- Organised and highly confident
- Can manage multiple demands of the role
- Self- motivated, enthusiastic and energetic
- Can-do attitude, ‘hands- on’
- Honest, reliable and flexible.
If you feel you have what it takes to join this wonderful practice as the next Physiotherapist, please apply now!
hr inspire ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation. hr inspire ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Send us your CV today by clicking on the Apply button and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
Physiotherapist, musculoskeletal, CSP, HCPC, acupuncture, Pilates, body